Key Scripture: John 20
- 21 Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
- 28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed;blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
After Jesus had risen:
- Mary Magdalen delivers the first sermon " I have seen the Lord!" (John 20:18)
- Jesus tells the apostles 3 times: "Peace to you!" (John 20:19, 21, and 26)
Peace is the prescription for opening locked doors.
- freedom from disturbance and war, replaced with tranquility and green pastures
Passing the peace with one another:
- total goodwill in mind for that person
- pass inherent joy to someone, with similar care, love, and prayer to someone that Jesus has passed to us
Share the peace of the Lord this week. In school, at work, and at home.
Be like the apostles and Mary Magdelene:
- talk, serve, and give
- tell somebody this week about the Good News of the Lord!
- be excited!
- don't stop, but keep on believing